Though under eye dark patches are not a serious medical condition but for those who have dark circles, these ugly under eye patches hold a lot of significance and are hard to live with. There may be several reasons behind under eye patches such as nasal congestion, eyelid swelling, atopic eczema, or lack of sleep.
Can Vitamins do the trick?
Taking vitamins and supplements may not always be the permanent treatment for under eye circles. They may give a temporary solution but in the long run, they never seem to work unless you keep taking them and change your lifestyle to a more healthier one. At times due to certain medical reasons, it may not be possible to take supplements and vitamins. However they should not be disregarded.
Some natural remedies that have amazing results:
Natural remedies based on oils, vegetables and fruits can work wonders and have amazing long lasting effects in curing health problems. Some very effective remedies for treating dark circles are :
- A mixture of milk and ground almonds should be applied on the dark circles. This lightens the dark circles and makes eyes appear fresh.
- Make a mask by mixing curd and night jasmine flowers into a thick paste. Spread this paste with fingertips on your dark circles and eye lids and let it stay for 10 minutes. Rinse it off with cold water.
- Placing slices of raw potato on your under eye dark circles is an excellent remedy for fresh eyes free of dark eye patches.
- You can use raw potatoes in the form of slices or you can grate it and spread it over your eyelids and entire eye area. It also reduces skin blemishes and can be used on the face as a mask.
- Grind mint leaves with a little bit of curd and apply this past under your eyes and on your eyelids. Keep it on for 15 minutes and repeat every day. This helps to remove any traces of dark circles.
- Practicing yoga such as Sarvangasana meant to clear nasal congestion helps reduce dark circles under the eye. Jal Neti is another yoga practice that removes nasal mucus.
- Mix yogurt with cornflour, taking each in equal quanitities. Make a paste and apply on your dark circles.
- Drinking a lot of fresh juices and eat lots of green vegetables. Increasing your yogurt intake and drinking a lot of water also works wonders to get rid of dark circles.
- Using light strokes with your fingertips apply a few drops of castor oil on your dark circles before going to bed.
But remember adequate sleep and nutritional balance needs to be maintained for these remedies to show their best results.